• A major paper manufacture was experiencing unacceptable wear and out of cycle maintenance issue with a gearbox.
• The issue was root-caused to critical temperatures in the gearbox during continuous operation.
• The manufacture was seeking a solution to lower gearbox temperature by >10% without installing external cooling equipment.
• Radicon gearbox control vs. Dicronite dry lubricated Radicon gearbox and Cleveland gearbox control vs. Dicronite dry lubricated Cleveland gearbox.
• Speed 479 FPM (600 FPM max)
• Timeframe 27 days continuous running
• Operating temperatures in the critical gearbox were reduced by 16%, exceeding the engineering requirement.
• Dicronite dry lubrication was incorporated as a part of plant engineering requirements.